Dental implants are the most popular solution for replacing missing single tooth or multiple teeth. They have changed the course of dentistry due to their natural and functional resemblance to real teeth. The implant screw used for dental implant is made up of titanium which has a capacity to fuse with the jawbone through the process of osseointegration. The tooth above the implant is finally restored when a healing period of a few months is completed.
What is the right time to get Implants?
As soon as you get your tooth removed /extracted, it is possible to place an implant immediately. After extraction too, a good amount of bone is required for placement of the implant.
Can Implants help me if I wear Dentures?
Implants are the most frequently requested by denture wearers only. They can provide retention & support to removable dentures or dentures can also be fixed in place with the help of implants.
Need for Implants
Helping a patient to lead a healthier life is our top priority. When a patient loses a tooth, both his/her physical and mental health is affected. Tooth loss can be due to trauma, accident, severe gum diseases, tooth decay or due to poor oral hygiene. If left untreated, missing teeth can lead to various consequences such as:
- Speech Problems due to spacing between the teeth
- Difficulty in chewing
- Reduction in facial height and sagging of muscles which can’t support lips and cheeks.
- Non-functional areas cause the prevalence of tooth decay on the infected side
Advantages of Dental Implant
- Replacement of Single or multiple teeth
- Preserves Bone
- Full mouth rehabilitation possible
- Restores function & aesthetic of a person
- Implant supported fixed denture give quality of life to denture wearers
Implant care depends upon the prosthesis used to replace the teeth . Single implant supported crowns are cleaned exactly like natural teeth with regular brushing and flossing. Overdenture requires special brushes to clean beneath them. Regular half yearly visits to the dentist is recommended.