Bright teeth is the key to confident smile. Having a beautiful smile can help you make a good first impression and make you feel confident during your everyday life. At Roots Wellness Clinic, our cosmetic dental treatments fit your short term and long term needs –
- Teeth Whitening
- Porcelain Veneers
- Inlays and Onlays
- Dental Jewellery
Teeth whitening is the simplest way to getting beautiful smile. Teeth whitening is a process of removing stains from the tooth surface & making the shade lighter than the actual color. There are different methods of teeth whitening. It is generally achieved with the application of whitening gel onto the teeth either at home by the patient or in the clinic applied by the dentist. The gel generally contains peroxides which release nascent oxygen that whitens the teeth.
- InOffice Whitening: This is for patients who need whitening on an urgent basis. It takes about an hour and depending on the requirement multiple visits can be planned.
- Home whitening: In this the patient is given a custom made tray along with a kit for home use. The patient can use it overnight or for a few hours depending on the concentration of the gel.
Advantages Of Dental Filling
- Aesthetic (Tooth-Colored)
- Bonds with tooth structure with minimal cutting
- Less chances of secondary decay/caries – better marginal seal.
- Conservation of natural tooth structure with minimal cutting
Does Whitening Damage Teeth?
There is no evidence to suggest that properly done whitening damages the enamel of teeth or nerves. It can be troublesome if you start overdoing it & use too many different whitening products. Always follow the procedure as directed by the dentist.
What can I do to maintain brighter teeth?
- Avoid consuming any food & beverages that stain teeth. If you choose to consume such beverages, use straw, so that beverage does not touch your teeth.
- Brush or rinse immediately after consuming food that stains teeth.
- Brush twice a day & floss once a day
- Consider touch-up treatments. You may need it every 6 months or once a year depending on your dietary habits & lifestyle.
Dental veneers are wafer thin pieces of porcelain that are applied to the front of tooth. This covering is as strong as natural enamel. Veneers are custom made to fit the contours of tour teeth.
How veneers are different from crowns?
Crown is known as caps which covers the entire surface of tooth whereas veneers only cover the front portion of the tooth.
Advantages Of Veneers
- It provides a natural appearance to your tooth
- They are stain resistant
- They don’t require extensive shaping of tooth
- The color of dark teeth can improve after geeting veneers
Dental Jewellery is one of the latest means of beautifying your teeth & smile. It will give you a smile that will dazzle others. These are basically gems which are bonded to teeth.
What kind of Gems are used for Dental Jewellery?
Top quality Swiss crystals are used for Dental Jewellery.
Is getting Dental Jewellery painful?
Getting Dental Jewellery is not at all painful. Generally crystals are placed on the upper lateral incisor. However, it’s looks good on canine as well. You can do normal day-to-day brushing & flossing after having dental jewellery. Eating & drinking does not affect the shine & sparkle of good quality dental crystals.
What can happen if dental crystal is accidentally swallowed?
You will immediately come to know if the crystal comes off in your mouth, so that you’ll be able to remove it. Even if you swallow it accidentally, it will pass out of your body without any trouble as if you swallowed a seed.
Can I change the crystal?
Off course yes!! The old crystal can be removed anytime and the new one can be replaced anytime.